Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So many things I have been thinking of and yet the situation does not permit me to speak it out.

It frightens me how vulnerable we men and guys are to sin and temptations. People who are 'up there' and in the field recognise their danger of falling, and we who are 'normal' going to church on Sundays, and perhaps, lead groups, do not see the danger. And it is those who think they are stable who will fall. Each compromise leads us closer to the edge. I have heard, seen and experienced things that show me clearly the dangers of sexual sin. It doesn't matter if you're a pastor or an overseas worker or a church leader or just one of the normal members, you ARE vulnerable, and if you fail to admit that, you are positioning yourself for a fall.

And I see we don't have an accountability group back in Bethany (not that I know of). Even the overseas workers here are meeting up twice a month to check on one another.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You touch the nerve of every Christian brother and to be daring to speak out is the first step to conquer it!! Be open about it and you will see yourself overcoming this dragon bit by bit. That is what an accountability group is all about.
    Unfortunately, here in Bethany, people prefer their privacy. I leave it for the Pastor, Elder and Deacons to comment on the accountability group thingy.
    But don't expect much. It will be as usual, no comments. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete