Thursday, April 23, 2009

An English version of my previous post, at the request of a reader.

Not an exact translation of my previous entry but along the same theme and similar in content.

The staff are a fun bunch, and understanding their language, character and background helps build the relationship. I realised, once again, that a little humour and lameness goes a long way in getting people to warm up to me, or in this case, warm up even more. So it's Isaac's lame jokes, Chinese version. I needed to be more proficient at the language, however, so it kind of took a while. I was even quieter, if it were even possible, here during my first 2 months, but an unexpected lame comment, the kind which might make Jia roll her eyes, and the ice breaks.

9 more months. Time is short!

No comments:

Post a Comment